These instructions explain how to connect your Tableau account to superQuery’s query optimization engine.
How does the optimization work?
When connected, your queries will pass through superQuery's engine — where they will be automatically optimized — before ultimately being executed in BigQuery.
The engine uses AI to deconstruct each query and build it back together for peak efficiency. It leverages enhanced caching to maximize usage of cache, and any pre-existing partitions & clusters.
The result? A significant reduction in query costs (30-60%) and execution time.
Here's how to set this up for you and your team (takes < 4 minutes).
Grab User Credentials
Step 1: Click on "Integrations" in the left-hand sidebar
Step 2: Enable your Tableau connection by clicking “Connect”
Step 3: Grab your user credentials
- The information below will be used when setting up the integration in Tableau.
- Easily set your billing project using the Billing Project dropdown.
- Whitelist IP addresses if necessary for your organization.
- Download the Tableau desktop application
- Download the appropriate MySQL connector here*
*After choosing your Data Source, OS, and Bit Version, scroll down to "MySQL" and follow the instructions for downloading the correct driver.
Connecting Tableau to superQuery
- Open Tableau and choose MySQL under “Connect”. You will get the following screen:
- Insert the Server IP and Port from Step 3.
- Insert your username and password from Step 3.
- Currently, we aren’t supporting SSL certificate, but traffic is fully secured. Please make sure to uncheck the "Require SSL" box.
Congratulations! You're all set up. Now you can query away :)
Query your data
- You should now see your databases. Select the database you want to query.
- Compose a custom query by pressing “New Custom SQL” or drag and drop a table.