These instructions explain how to connect your Looker account to superQuery’s query optimization engine.
How does the optimization work?
When connected, your queries will pass through superQuery's engine — where they will be automatically optimized — before ultimately being executed in BigQuery.
The engine uses AI to deconstruct each query and build it back together for peak efficiency. It leverages enhanced caching to maximize usage of cache, and any pre-existing partitions & clusters.
The result? A significant reduction in query costs (30-60%) and execution time.
Here's how to set this up for you and your team (takes < 4 minutes).
Grab User Credentials
Step 1: Click on "Integrations" in the left-hand sidebar
Step 2: Enable your Looker connection by clicking “Connect”
Step 3: Grab your user credentials
- The server name, port, username, and password information below will be used when setting up the integration in Looker.
- Easily set your billing project using the Billing Project dropdown.
- Whitelist IP addresses if necessary for your organization.
For this integration to work, you'll need to have a Looker account
Connect Looker to superQuery
- Log in to Looker
- Go to the "Admin" tab
- Under the Database section, click on "Connections"
- Click "New Connection".
5. Insert the Server IP, Port, and your unique user credentials from Step 3 of "Grab User Credentials" above.
6. Under "Additional Params" include: characterEncoding=utf8&enabledTLSProtocols=TLSv1.2
7. Finally, click "Add Connection".
Congratulations! You're all set up. Now you can query away :)