These instructions explain how to connect your Looker account to superQuery’s query optimization engine.
How does the optimization work?
When connected, your queries will pass through superQuery's engine — where they will be automatically optimized — before ultimately being executed in BigQuery.
The engine uses AI to deconstruct each query and build it back together for peak efficiency. It leverages enhanced caching to maximize usage of cache, and any pre-existing partitions & clusters.
The result? A significant reduction in query costs (30-60%) and execution time.
Here's how to set this up for you and your team (takes < 4 minutes).
Grab User Credentials
Step 1: Click on "Integrations" in the left-hand sidebar.
Step 2: Enable your Power BI connection by clicking “Connect”
Step 3: Grab your user credentials
- The information below will be used when setting up the integration in Power BI.
- Easily set your billing project using the Billing Project dropdown.
- Whitelist IP addresses if necessary for your organization.
Power BI Prerequisites
- Download the PowerBI desktop application.
- Download the proper MySQL Driver here.
For Windows: Download the MySql connector .NET
For Mac: JDBC is recommended
Connect Power BI to superQuery
- Open Power BI and click “Get Data”. You will get the following screen:
- Select "MySQL Database"
3. Input the server and database credentials, then click "OK"
- Server: Insert the server IP with port like so: bi.superquery.io:3306
- Database: Insert valid values in this format: "<project>.<dataset>". For example: myproject.mydataset
4. Input your user name and password from Step 3 of "Grab User Credentials" above.
Query the data
- Click on “Edit query”.
- Write your query in the ‘Query’ section.
- Click √ to check your query. If it passes, click refresh to see the result.