superQuery lets you create and manage your team so you can:
- Add colleagues to your team.
- Assign roles on the team.
- Differentiate between users on a paid plan vs. free plan.
- Control who gets to create and edit query policies.
- Manage who can set up Team Caching, connect to Google Cloud Storage, and more.
To access your Team Manager, click on your profile in the left-hand resource panel. Then click on Settings and toggle the "User Management" tab.
Let's now explore the various team management capabilities you have in superQuery.
Add colleagues to your superQuery team
Click the "Add Users" button to invite colleagues to your team.
Enter the email(s) of the colleagues you want to invite. Then select whether you'd like them to be an Admin or a User on your team.
There are two possible roles on a team in superQuery:
People with an Admin role can:
- Create and modify query policies.
- View query policy logs
- Assign roles
- Determine which users are on a premium plan vs. free plan.
- Set up Team Caching for DynamoDB or Firebase
- Connect their team's GCS bucket to superQuery
Users can use superQuery as normal, minus the Admin capabilities mentioned above.
However, users will directly benefit if a team admin:
- Sets up Team Caching
- Connects their team's GCS bucket to superQuery
- Connects their team's BI tool to superQuery
Assign roles to members of your team
You can assign roles to team members in two ways:
- Assign a role when inviting them to your team, as shown above.
- Edit their role from the User Management screen.
To edit a team member's role from the User Management pop-up, find the user and click on the dropdown for the "Role" column.
Then select which role you'd like them to have, as shown below.
Assign plans to users on your team
If your team is on a paid plan with superQuery, Admins can decide:
- Which users should receive the benefits associated with the paid plan, and
- Which users only get the capabilities associated with the "Free Forever" plan.
For example, you may have purchased a 10-seat Business plan with superQuery, but have 20 people that you'd like to have on your team overall.
With User Management you can decide which users count as a seat on the paid plan, and which don't.
To edit a team member's plan from the User Management pop-up, find the user and click on the dropdown for the "Plan" column.
Then select which plan you'd like them to have, as shown below.
Bulk editing allows you to change the roles & plans of multiple users in a single action.
It also allows you to re-invite users to your team in case they missed your invitation.
To perform a bulk edit, select the checkbox next to the users whose role and/or plan you'd like to modify.
From there, select the type of role and/or plan you'd like to assign to them and click "Save" when finished.